Performs light housework. Leads children in fun activities. Keeps children’s living and play areas tidy.
Helps with homework and tutoring as needed. Cares for infants, including feeding, diapering, and dressing.
LocationSt. John’s, NL
Salary $15.00 hourly for 30 to 40 hours per week
Terms of employment: Term or contract (ending: 2025-09-12)
Start date: Starts as soon as 2022-09-12
- Secondary (high) school graduation certificate
- or equivalent experience
7 months to less than 1 year
Work Site Environment
- Scent free
- Employer’s home
- Work in employer’s/client’s home
- Assume full responsibility for household in absence of parents
- Perform light housekeeping and cleaning duties
- Bathe, dress and feed infants and children
- Discipline children according to the methods requested by the parents
- Instruct children in personal hygiene and social development
- Keep records of daily activities and health information regarding children
- Maintain a safe and healthy environment in the home
- Organize, activities such as games and outings for children
- Prepare and serve nutritious meals
- Prepare infants and children for rest periods
- Sterilize bottles, prepare formulas and change diapers for infants
- Supervise and care for children
- Help children with homework
Experience and Specialization
- Supervise and care for multi-aged group of children
- School age (6 – 12 years)
- Newborn (including expecting mother)
Security and Safety
- Criminal record check
- Are you available for shift or on-call work?
- Are you currently legally able to work in Canada?
- Do you have previous experience in this field of employment?
This employer promotes equal employment opportunities for all job applicants, including those self-identifying as a member of these groups: Indigenous people, Newcomers to Canada, Veterans, Visible minorities, Youth
Who can apply to this job?
The employer accepts applications from:
- Canadian citizens and permanent residents of Canada.
- Other candidates with or without a valid Canadian work permit.
How to apply
Here is what you must include in your application:
- Cover letter
- Letter of recommendation