Transporting finished goods and raw materials over land to and from manufacturing plants or retail and distribution centers. Inspecting vehicles for mechanical items and safety issues and perform preventative maintenance.
Salary $27.75 hourly for 40 hours per week
Terms of employment: Permanent employment
Full time, To be determined
Start date:Starts as soon as possible
- Secondary (high) school graduation certificate
7 months to less than 1 year
- Arrange travel, related itineraries and make reservations
- Drive as part of a two-person team or convoy
- Drive lighter, special purpose trucks
- Obtain special permits and other documents required to transport cargo on international routes
- Operate and drive straight or articulated trucks to transport goods and materials
- Oversee condition of vehicle and inspect tires, lights, brakes, cold storage and other equipment
- Pay and receive payments for goods
- Perform brake adjustments
- Perform emergency roadside repairs
- Perform pre-trip, en route and post-trip inspection and oversee all aspects of vehicle
- Receive and relay information to central dispatch
- Record cargo information, hours of service, distance travelled and fuel consumption
- Tarping and ensuring safety and security of cargo
Certificates, Licences, Memberships, and Courses
- AZ class license
- Air Brakes Endorsement
- Class 1/1F/A Licence (semi trailer trucks)
- Air Brake (Z) Endorsement
Experience and Specialization
- Up to 23 kg (50 lbs)
- Team player
- Are you willing to relocate for this position?
This employer promotes equal employment opportunities for all job applicants, including those self-identifying as a member of these groups: Indigenous people, Newcomers to Canada, Seniors, Veterans, Youth.
Who can apply to this job?
Only apply to this job if:
- You are a Canadian citizen or a permanent resident of Canada.
- You have a valid Canadian work permit.
If you are not authorized to work in Canada, do not apply. The employer will not respond to your application.
How to apply