Hairdresser needed in Canada by Beauté à l’Africaine Inc.
Hair stylists, also known as hair stylists, can be self-employed or work in salons, spas, hotels, and resorts that offer a variety of beauty services. They cut, color and style clients’ hair. Providing hairdressing advice and recommendations. We attach wigs, hairpieces, extensions, and wigs to customers.
Hair Stylist responsibilities include cutting hair using basic and advanced techniques, consulting customers about styles and colors and applying hair care products, like treatment oils and masks. If you have experience cutting short and long hair and are up-to-date with styling trends, we’d like to meet you.
Location: Terrebonne, QC
Salary: $16.00 hourly for 32 to 38 hours per week
Terms of employment: Permanent employment
Day, Evening, Weekend, Flexible Hours
Start date: Starts as soon as possible
Benefits: Other benefits, Financial benefits
Vacancies: 10 vacancies
We are looking to hire a highly skilled hairdresser to provide various hairdressing services to clients based on their needs, specifications, and preferences. The hairdresser’s responsibilities include greeting and welcoming clients to the salon, maintaining a clean and organized work station, and recommending suitable hair care products to clients. You should also be able to identify chronic scalp conditions and advise clients to seek medical treatment.
To be successful as a hairdresser, you should be detail-oriented and able to build rapport with clients. Ultimately, an outstanding hairdresser should be able to follow clients’ instructions, demonstrate excellent communication skills, and keep abreast of the latest hairstyles and hairdressing techniques.
- Conferring with clients to determine their hairdressing needs, preferences, and specifications.
- Advising clients on suitable haircuts as well as hairstyles and hair color based on their physical features and hair type.
- Cutting, trimming, and shaping clients’ hair as well as wigs, hair extensions, hairpieces, and toupes based on clients’ preferences and specifications.
- Shampooing, conditioning, and drying clients’ hair.
- Providing various hair coloring treatments to clients after inquiring into possible hair dye sensitivities and allergies that they may have.
- Using various hairstyling tools and equipment, including hair straighteners, curling irons, rollers, hairdryers, and hot combs, to style clients’ hair accordingly.
- Cleaning and sterilizing all hairdressing tools and instruments to ensure that state health and safety standards are met.
- Operating the cash register to process client payments when necessary.
High school diploma or GED.
Associate’s degree in cosmetology or completion of a state-approved cosmetology program.
Appropriate state licensure.
The ability to stand for extended periods.
The ability to work under pressure.
The ability to follow instructions.
Excellent organizational and time management skills.
Effective communication skills.
Exceptional customer service skills.
Patient and detail-oriented.
- Other trades certificate or diploma
- or equivalent experience
7 months to less than 1 year
- Book appointments
- Cut and trim hair according to client’s instructions or preferences
- Shampoo customers’ hair
- Provide other hair treatment, such as waving, straightening and tinting and also provide scalp conditioning massages
- Analyze hair and scalp condition and provide basic treatment or advice on beauty care treatments for scalp and hair
- Apply bleach, tints, dyes or rinses to colour, frost or streak hair
- Apply hair extensions
- Clean and style wigs and hair pieces
- Cut, trim, taper, curl, wave, perm and style hair
- Suggest hair style compatible with client’s physical features or determine style from client’s instructions and preferences
- Perform receptionist duties
- Maintain and order supplies
Experience and Specialization
Hair Styling Techniques
- Blow drying
- Hair braiding
Type of Fabric Preparation Machines
Work Conditions and Physical Capabilities
- Fast-paced environment
- Repetitive tasks
- Manual dexterity
- Standing for extended periods
- Client focus
- Effective interpersonal skills
- Team player
- Free parking available
- Team building opportunities
- Are you available for the advertised start date?
- Are you currently legally able to work in Canada?
- Do you currently reside in proximity to the advertised location?
- Do you have previous experience in this field of employment?
Who can apply to this job?
The employer accepts applications from:
- Canadian citizens and permanent residents of Canada.
- Other candidates with or without a valid Canadian work permit.
How to apply
Include this reference number in your application
Here is what you must include in your application:
- Job reference number
- References attesting experience
- Proof of the requested certifications
- Copy of portfolio or relevant work examples
- Highest level of education and name of institution where it was completed